Working Location: Beijing
At the highest level, the Strategy Manager will be responsible for accelerating the revenue and profitability growth of Pfizer China through identifying and analyzing new business opportunities and executing on these opportunities through new initiatives and partnerships as appropriate.
Through close coordination with other teams (including Marketing, Sales, Medical, Public Affairs, etc.) the role will be responsible for the identification, planning, design, execution, coordination, and communication of strategy projects. This includes managing any requirements of Pfizer China as part of regional and global strategy initiatives. An emphasis will be placed on ensuring that business strategy projects are innovative, drive real business growth and are backed up by sound ROI analysis to justify investment. The role requires a unique combination of top notch analytical skills and communication skills with a deep understanding of the Chinese healthcare environment. This role also requires an ability to move initiatives from the exploration stage to the execution stage.
KEY RESULT AREAS & JOB ACTIVITIES /TASKS:
1. Lead elements of the strategic planning process and independently manage Business Strategy Projects.
2. Use deep insight into the Chinese pharmaceutical environment and overall business trends to identify high potential growth opportunities for Pfizer China
3. Evaluate Opportunities for Business Value ¨C Through top notch analytical skills, assess opportunities for business value with a focus on financial value, risks, synergy with core business, etc. Develop detailed business cases for opportunities
4. Execute on Opportunities ¨C Convert business cases into actual execution through the development of implementation plans and working cross-functionally
5. Support Senior Leadership in Communication of China Strategy
-At least 2 years experience in product management, strategic planning or strategy consulting project lead role.
-Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
-Experience leading and working with cross functional project teams
-Experience communicating to Senior leadership (verbally and using presentation slides)
-Undergraduate degree qualifications in a health related discipline or in business/marketing. Other qualifications will be considered.
-Strongly Preferred: Postgraduate or MBA qualification in Strategy, Finance, Marketing or similar
-Excellent English Skills
-Top-notch analytical skills
-Project Management, multitasking and ability to work to challenging timelines
-Cross functional team orientation
-Strong Communication skills
-Impact and influence
-Innovation & Risk Taking